Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Intro: Courtney versus New Year's Resolution

So I’m 30 years old and for as long as I can remember my New Year’s resolution has been to "lose weight." Seeing many issues with that goal, where does one begin? It’s vague, it’s increasingly more difficult each year, and I have yet to accomplish it.

Yet here I am again, looking to make significant lifestyle changes for 2014. Only this time, I have outlined 12 monthly goals (to improve not only my waistline but my quality of life) rather than a daunting resolution I have little chance of accomplishing:
January - Eat more vegetables
February - Exercise daily
March - Get more sleep
April - Eat less fat and sugar
May - Keep up with cleaning
June - Live in moment and be content
July - Finish a race
August - Save Money
Sept- Be charitable
Oct - Be nice to my boyfriend
Nov – Create and stick to gift budget
Dec - Show appreciation of friends and family

As you may have already been thinking, these goals are not easy. I am going to need some serious willpower and tools to help me succeed.

The intent of seriously bad taste is to document a real woman's journey of achieving a richer life in a NORMAL reality (one that seems to be seldom represented in the blogosphere). It’s probable that Gwyneth, Martha, Oprah, and the thousands of affluent (out of touch) lifestyle bloggers may not approve of my ways and vernacular at times, but I am determined to meet the daily challenges of what to eat, wear, watch and explore without compromising sleep, savings, and self-esteem.  


This year the Courtney vs. NYR rematch will be quite a show. I encourage you to stick around and hope you are entertained by what happens. You will find delicious, simple recipes and anecdotal tips. 

Please comment with your real life experience with any topic. Ultimately, I will know my goals are met if something I find helps another with their seemingly impossible life goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment