Friday, January 31, 2014

WEAR: Winter Sick Girl Outfit

It's that time again: winter. A time for snow and snuggling. A time for getting sick as a dog.

I don't like being sick. And thankfully for me, less than healthy diet be damned, I don't get sick too often. Lately though, I find myself living with a real life carrier monkey (my boyfriend works in healthcare). Whatever's going around, chances are, he gets it. I usually quarantine him at first sight of illness to a different bedroom and wipe everything he touches with rubbing alcohol and gloved hands, but sometimes, alas, my fate is to fall ill.

This past week we have been battling some old world, dysentery-esque unpleasantness. Nothing to really brag about and get sympathy for, I'm still alive and sans hospital visit, but nevertheless I'm uncomfortable and really not cute right now

(proof)


If you are sick, I implore you (and try my best to do the same) to stay at home and get better soon. Inevitably, you will have to leave the house however while still under the weather. No, don't rejoice that you can now wear leggings out in public. It still is VERBOTEN to wear leggings out in public unless you are that girl from Instagram who makes money from her belfies Jen Selter.

So if you aren't Jen Selter, here is a list of key items for a sick girl to try and keep it cute when leaving the house:



Lip Gloss - something to help the chapped with a little tint: Neutrogena MoistureSmooth in Fresh Papaya ($8.99 at Ulta before applicable coupons)
Mascara - something to help your tired eyes: Covergirl Exact Eyelights in the appropriate complimenting color to your eyeshade ($8.99 at Ulta before applicable coupons)
Drink in Tow - something to replenish electrolytes: VitaCoco pure coconut water

Top - a hooded sweatshirt really helps hide less than perfect hair: anything sans stains and little nubs


Pants - leggings VERBOTEN!: try skinny jeans with a little stretch instead... like MidRise Rockstar Skinny ($34.94 before coupons) from Old Navy
The higher rise kind of feels like your tummy is being hugged!


Footwear - all winter long in New England: LL Bean boots ($109)

No comments:

Post a Comment